Thursday, August 09, 2007

Shave that for last

As I made my customary way along Interstate 90 today, I was startled to see the guy in the next lane weave about a bit. His car, a white convertible with a retracted roof. I got jittery, and slowed down to see what his next move would be.

He swerved once more, left tires encroaching upon my temporary territory, before correcting his course. I seized my chance and zoomed ahead. I wanted to be as far away as possible when he made his next foray into a faster traffic stream.

As I passed him, I glanced to the right to try and make eye contact, to give him a hard stare. But the veteran wouldn't bite. He was busy looking . . . skywards! And his head was rotating around as if he was . . . shaving! In fact, he had one hand on his steering wheel while the other was operating an electric razor, all at about 60 mph!

I briefly wondered if his razor was cordless, or had to be plugged into his car's electrical outlet. And then, as speedily as it all happened, he blew out of my thoughts.

Until now.

No comments: