Thursday, April 13, 2006

Working on the Fly

Laptops are ubiquitous in airport terminals these days. Every way you look, people are studiously focussed on their LCD screens and MacDonald's burgers (with fries, of course), seemingly oblivious to the world outside a 2-foot radius. Sometimes, you will even see them laugh out loud after finding something hilarious in their official documents. Or maybe in the solitaire game they just won.

I thought I'd join the race, and try to get some work done while stuck in Terminal C at Dallas/Fort Worth recently. It probably serves me right for thinking I could get away with it: there was not one place for me to plug my power cord! The only source of electricity was in the middle of a narrow corridor leading to the restrooms.

I trawled the adjoining gates to no avail, and eventually gave up. Deciding to conserve my limited battery strength for later, I headed for the food court. I could at least copy the other activity that was gripping my co-passengers!

No comments: